Friday, February 27, 2009
Growing Up
This week I have learned that I really hate snow days. For now it is annoying but managable, but if we have another it is going to get harder to get my unit done with all three classes before I leave and I don't want to leave it up to Mr. Hamilton to finish. He's not a terrible teacher, we just have very different styles and ideas. I did manage to get some extra work done on the snow day though so I can see that it still has benefits. It was just funny how I was upset when i got the text telling me school was closed when just last semester I was begging for a snow day. It's interesting what views change when you switch sides of the desk. Though I did learn when I did lunch duty that I'm still pretty close to high school in some ways. Some kids were building a tower or their pizza boxes which I thought was pretty cool but Mr. Hamilton told them to knock it off. I thought, at first, that I wasn't grown up enough yet to teach high school. Then I realized that it really wasn't a big deal and maybe Mr. Hamilton was too grown up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment